Writing a conclusion for an essay may seem like a daunting task. The conclusion in an essay creates a lasting impression on the reader, and it allows you to convince the reader about your opinion one last time. The impression that is developed by the reader at the end of the essay is something that stays with them forever. Hence, devising a concrete conclusion is key to a good essay.
The end of a good essay provides a sense of completeness and closure. Moreover, it ends discussion on a note by providing subtle implications. A good conclusion closes off an essay by putting an end to the discussion without closing it off. The conclusion of an essay should be brief yet solid. The conclusion should deliver the final judgment about the topic in an effective manner. If the writer inculcates these features in the conclusion, they can come up with a compelling end for their essay.
Your conclusion must have a sense of conclusion
Establishing a sense of closure in the conclusion enhances your essay. This can be achieved by:
- Repeat a phrase or a word used in the introduction of your essay in the conclusion. This instance links your conclusion with the first paragraph of your essay.
- Finishing your essay with mostly one-syllable words can develop an effect of subtle drama.
- Also, conclusions with complex or parallel sentence structures tend to provide a balance that may be needed at the finish of an intricate discussion.
Bring the discussion to an end without completely closing it off!
- Ending an essay with a quotation or a reference from a third party source that supplements the main point of your writing has a lasting impression on the readers.
- This strengthens your point of view and establishes your authority as a thinker and writer. This instance makes the discussion specific and appends texture to your writing.
- Ending your essay on a larger, different context also helps to conclude your essay without completely closing it off.
Avoid the following mistakes when ending your essay:
- An important aspect of a conclusion is to not simply summarize the main details of the essay. A short synopsis may be useful if the essay is lengthy but simple restatement of the main points makes up for a lackluster conclusion.
- It is necessary to keep in mind that your conclusion should not include the introduction of new main points. The writer should only restate the main ideas discussed in the body of the essay. Usage of the features mentioned in the preceding paragraphs can help you to summarize your essay in an effective way.
- Avoid stating the obvious that you are writing a conclusive paragraph. There is no need to include phrases such as “to conclude”, “to sum up” etc. Readers can easily tell with the progression of your essay that you are about to conclude the discussion.
- The conclusion paragraph is incomplete without the restatement of the thesis and the inclusion of the main points of the essay. Completeness is a core component of a well-versed essay and conclusion.
Get a well-written Essay! Click here to proceed with your Order!